Sunday 17 May 2015

A Day in the Country!

                                                     

 It's almost the end of bluebell season! So naturally I spent my Sunday roaming around with the family. 
 We live in Norfolk so chose the woods at Blickling for our walk, it's stunning when the bluebells are out, blanketing the ground, it really is magical! My photo above just doesn't do it justice!

 Whilst there we were surprised at how quiet it was until a friendly dog walker filled us in, a short drive a way was a beautiful estate full of rhododendrons and azaleas, called Stoddy Estate. It only opens Sundays in May so everyone had headed there! As we were so close we jumped in the car and headed over, today it didn't open till 1pm so we were slightly early, luckily we had a flask of tea and there was a plant sale to keep us busy! I chose these beautiful plants for me and my sister
 Entry was £5 each but well worth it. Sculptures, a Water Garden, tea, cake and of course, beautiful flowers! Here are a few of my favourite sculptures, which are all for sale in the estate if you're much richer than me!



The Griffin and the Lion are partially made out of drinks cans, a brilliant way to recycle if you ask me!  And of course, a few of the beautiful flowers we were bombarded with, I just love the fiery reds! 

On our way out we bought some lovely local asparagus and of course, strawberries, all in all a brilliant day!

No comments:

Post a Comment