Monday 6 July 2015

7 in 7: Estee Lauder Bois de Rose

Welcome to the first lipstick of the week! I went with Estee Lauder Pure Color Bois de Rose (£22). I chose this because it was the first one I saw in my lipstick box this morning. It was a gift with purchase sometime last year and on the website swatches (I can't remember which website but it wasn't the one I've linked) this looked like my best shade. It's a very creamy texture which is a formula I find hard in bright/dark colours, I get scared they'll smudge and I can never get a clean line without a matching lip liner! It's all to much to think about.  I don't have a picture of the first application as I was in a rush but here's it in the tube, as you'll see, the lighting has a huge affect on the colour. Perhaps that's why the swatches are so different on different websites.


It's quite long lasting but I wouldn't be confident leaving it over an hour without checking all's well. Luckily it fades and reapplies nicely. I found it quite drying though, my lips feel a tad tight after a few hours of wear. That might just be my pregnant skin though, as I vaguely remember liking it last winter.


 After two hours
Reapplication


The verdict? I don't think it's anything special, a nice colour, but you can find formulas that are just as good in the drugstore and even better if you look high end! Having said that, it has great reviews on every website so maybe it's just my preference for a drier formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment